At Dent’s, we have a rich history of providing security services to the Cambridge community. Our origins date back to 1870, when our founder Robert Dent began offering locksmith services to the University and the expanding terraced housing in the city. As the need for electronic security and intruder alarms grew in the mid-1990s, Dent Security was established to bring our tradition of quality and service to the high-tech security industry.
Today, Dent Security Cambridge continue to serve the community with the same commitment to excellence that has been our hallmark for over a century. Contact us for a free survey.
Based on a free survey, we can offer an integrated solution of electronic and physical security to meet any circumstances in your home or business premises. Our service includes installation and maintenance of:
- Residential and commercial burglar alarm systems
- Wireless security
- Bells only intruder alarm
- Remotely monitored intruder systems
- Police monitored burglar alarms
- CCTV video surveillance and recording including IP based systems
- Video and audio entry phones and systems
- Access Control
At Dent Security, we take pride in serving a broad area across East Anglia, primarily operating within a 50-mile radius of Cambridge. Our service areas include Peterborough, Huntingdon, Bedford, Norwich, Newmarket, and Bury St Edmunds, providing personalised service and after-sales care to ensure complete customer satisfaction. There’s no need to go anywhere else for your security needs. Simply give us a call at 01223 350038 and let us take care of the rest.
As part of our commitment to quality, Dent Security secured NACOSS approval in 1997, and achieved the coveted NACOSS gold accreditation in 2004. NACOSS Gold is only awarded to a company after rigorous checks and companies such as Dent’s must display a satisfactory combination of technical expertise and business excellence.
Why Dent Security?
When it comes to protecting your property, you want a security provider that you can trust. That’s why Dent Security is the obvious choice for all your security needs. Here is why:
- With over 100 years of experience in the industry, we have built a strong reputation for providing reliable and effective security solutions. Our team is committed to ensuring your peace of mind by delivering quality workmanship and exceptional after-sales care.
- We are proud to be local and we remain a family-owned business. We have a friendly, experienced and highly professional team who understand just how important personal service is when your peace of mind is at stake.
- We will listen to your security concerns, find out what you actually need and recommend the most effective measures without baffling you with jargon. We will install politely, tidily and quickly. We will also take care of any mess and rubbish, leaving your property clean and tidy.
- Throughout our history our ethos has also remained unchanged: We value our customers and believe that long-term relationships are built on the quality of our work and the service we provide.
Buying a security system from us: What to expect
- We will visit your premises to carry out a free no obligation survey. We will find out your needs and assess any security weak points.
- Within a few days you’ll receive a written specification from us which is unique to your property, compliant with NSI Nacoss Gold requirements, and our best price.
- We are on call to talk you through anything on the specification you are not sure about.
- We’ll leave you in peace to decide if you want to go ahead with the work. No pressure.
- If you want to go ahead just sign and return the attached sales agreement to us.
- We’ll contact you to arrange an installation date.
- After we have installed your system (most take less than a day) demonstrated it, and you are happy with it we will ask you to pay for it.
- It’s yours. No instalments. No long-term tie-ins.
- We will be on call 24/7 for the first year to talk you through any difficulties or attend if you need us.
- At the end of the year we will ask if you wish to continue with our support for 12 months.
Alarms – maintenance and support
All our Alarms come with the first years’ support and maintenance included. Regular inspection, testing and monitoring of all your systems components is key to ensuring your continued peace of mind.
What’s included in a year’s maintenance and support:
- Free 24 hour telephone support from our HQ on Newmarket Road during office hours and from our on-call engineer outside office hours.
- 24-hour callout 365 days a year.
- Full walk test of all equipment.
- Voltage /charge rate check of all power supplies and control equipment.
- All emergency back-up batteries are checked for performance under full discharge conditions.
- All audible warning devices are checked for correct operation.
- Remote signalling equipment where applicable is checked for correct operation.
- All cabling and flexible connections are inspected for damage.
We also take over and support existing intruder alarm systems.
As we are governed by the NSI this is subject to the equipment you have, but many systems can be upgraded. We are happy to take a look. Please call us for details on 01223 350038 or use the contact us page.
Mrs H - St Ives
"I just wanted to let you know how impressed I was again this year with your engineer who has been to service our alarm this afternoon. Gavin was friendly, helpful and efficient and completed the service quickly and thoroughly. A thoroughly ‘can do’ approach which is refreshing these days!
Thank you for such good service."
Dr. L-E - Biobridge Ltd
"Please put on record how efficient and helpful Karthick was on his visit here yesterday to set up our alarm system. He was definitely a pleasure to have around and I hope if there is a need for a service person in future he will be able to come out."
"Installation & Maintenance has been carried out very efficiently over the years and any problems that have arisen have been resolved very quickly. Based on my experience I have recommended Dents to several friends and neighbours."
"We have been with Dent's for 13 years and have always found them professional and friendly. Their product is excellent and we have recommended them to friends."
"Extremely helpful in all matters and very professional. Would recommend this company to everyone."